Tuesday, October 03, 2006

O Ecuador

Hello all from far and wide!
I pray that this message finds you well as all of you are enjoying and experiencing your own adventures that God has set before you.
I put up some general pics, there's more to come soon.
Today is Oct. 4 and we have officially been in Ecuador for just over 2 months and yesterday was officially the birthday of my sister Jess who lives near Palm Springs, CA!

I´m right now working at my placement downtown Guayaquil which is a new thing that I started a few weeks ago. It is with the same organization as the school I worked at, but is the offices which works with setting up microenterprises for poorer families, raises money for the school, and also has a consulting firm which helps to improve relations in the companies of their clients such as banks and other businesses.
So, I'm enjoying that greatly as I will be using some of the aspects of my college studies, communication.

All 11 of us volunteers always get together in the week to have a big feast each week and take it easy after we all work hard during the days of the week. Everybody has their individual challenges, excitements and experiences for the jobs, living in community and their spiritual walk. Found out the other week as well that all of us have either E Coli and/or parasites within us which is crazy...I got E Coli and one parasite, exciting!

Our in country boss, Kevin, has been someone who has kept us in line during our time here with tangible solutions. He even took me out one night for a hamburger and bowling one night which is a rare treat! I rolled my best game ever! It was fun to have a night of taking the mind off of work and daily routine.

We went on a retreat this past weekend to the beach, Playas was the city, as our boss from the Rostro de Cristo headquarters in Ohio came to visit, lead discussions, prayer times, reflections, just talk with us and take us out for a wonderful dinner. Thanks Patrick! How amazing it was to just have some time to play in the ocean and ride the waves and feel the cool ocean air coming at ya. Wow! The place reminded me much of the San Diego surf but the city was not very big at all. I found it difficult to return to Duran and start another week, but I'm being pushed each day by God and by my roommates of the house to persevere and look to Christ in each situation and each conversation.

I appreciate the prayers and thoughts from all of you who have emailed me, I will respond this weekend when I have more internet time. Thanks for you support and I love to hear from ya!

Right now, the leaves in Southern Minnesota are turning colors and even though I haven't seen it in a few years, I wish I could see that now. In San Diego, I imagine it's still fairly hot but maybe cooler in the night, probably not much change like here.

My brother, Jake, is coming in a week and a half and will stay for a week beginning Oct. 14. We're planning the adventure right now. Of course, because I'm living off minimal money, my generous brother is treatin me to some travel and fun like always...I'll never be able to pay him back.

Please pray for:
1. The people in our community that they will look to Christ for answers and hope and go after their dreams.
2. Rostro de Cristo that we will live and work the mission of the program.
3. The health, well-being and faith walks of us volunteers and staff.

Blessings.
sam conway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home